- 4209 (U.S. Census Bureau, 2010)
- Median Household Income: $145,330 (U.S. Census Bureau, 2000)
- Tax Rate Per $100 Assessed Value: 5.989% to 6.449% (2000 Lake County Clerk Tax Extension)
- The Village of Barrington Hills was incorporated in 1957 and by referendum became a Home Rule municipality. The Village straddles approximately 30 square miles in Kane, Lake, Cook and McHenry counties.
- The residents of the Village are served by one of three park
districts: Barrington, Barrington/Countryside or Dundee.
- Forest Preserve facilities available through the counties of Cook and Kane.
- Students in Barrington Hills attend Barrington Unit School District #220 and Carpentersville District #300, which includes grades K-12.
- One parochial school serves the Barrington area.
- Barrington Hills offers only single-family houses predominantly situated on five-acre lots. The 2000 median house value was $661,500 and the median rent cost was $1,792. (U.S. Census Bureau, 2000)
- The Barrington Fire Department has 48 volunteer firefighters and two stations. Its protection covers part of the village. Other portions of the Village receive fire protection from the Fox River Grove, Algonquin, Carpentersville and Dundee Fire Protection Districts.
- Barrington Hills has its own police department and dispatch center which is located at the Village Hall. The center receives directly both wire line and wireless 9-1-1 emergency telephone calls.
- Metra commuter trains from Barrington reach the Loop in 46 minutes residents are also in close proximity to the Fox River Grove station.
- For those driving, access to Interstate 90 provides rapid highway travel to Chicago, other suburbs, Rockford, and Milwaukee.
- Distance to the Chicago Loop: 38 miles
- Distance to O'Hare Airport: 28 miles
- Distance to Mitchell Field: 68 miles
Demographic information provided by the
Lake County Planning, Building and Development Department